Wednesday, October 5, 2011

wahclella falls

A couple weekends ago, on the last really hot day in Portland, Geoff and I went on a mini-hike to Wahclella Falls. But as soon as we got out there, the temperature dropped ten degrees, and as we got closer the falls, I think it got even colder.

wahclella falls

It's a beautiful area, and the trail isn't too steep. Geoff is a mountain goat but I am not, so that was nice. I even saw an older couple walking with the assistance of a cane!

cairn

I had to get super close to this raging waterfall for this picture, and the spray was freezing cold. And the rocks were super slick. It was dangerous!

geoffrey

Mountain goat!

moss

Geoff claims he's seen longer moss tendrils. I don't believe it.

fuzzy friend

Hello little friend!

wahclella falls

I like that there are waterfalls half an hour away from where I live. What a great place!

No comments:

Post a Comment