Saturday, August 6, 2011

the best sandwich ever that i just devoured

This is my go-to. I feel a need to post it, due to my intense love of it, and desire for everyone to know how to make it.

Photobucket
Not such a beautiful picture here.

I have adapted the TLT recipe from 101 Cookbooks to include bacon - I'm not a vegetarian, I can eat delicious, delicious bacon. In my tempeh-liking opinion, this is a major improvement.

I used to make it on bagels. Toasty gluteny bagels. But those days are over. Udi's gluten-free hamburger buns substitute nicely. I didn't notice much of a difference, because I ate it too fast. And because everything else was so overwhelmingly amazing.

I prepare the tomatoes like Heidi does. Let me please note here that I did not eat tomatoes until these. I am not kidding you. These are so deliciously tangy and sweet and soft and flavorful that I changed my dietary habits for them. My mouth is watering again.

I also prepare the avocado the same. It's good. So good.

And then I fry up a few slices of bacon. Five should do it, but you can make more if you like. I've done it with more, too. I make this sandwich a lot.

That's all I have to say about this. You, too, can eat delicious and probably unhealthy food, even if you are gluten-free.

No comments:

Post a Comment