Monday, August 1, 2011

pecans are the best nut.

Photobucket

Gluten-free rolled oats just made my life a lot simpler and happier. I made this old standby power bar recipe which used to be a staple in my gym bag. This recipe was only made possible by my recent discovery of oats sans gluten! The future is amazing. I also replaced the almonds with double pecans, because while almonds are good, pecans are even better. (I dipped into them a bit before catching the photo, oops.)

Here's the recipe, and if you aren't making it right now you should be. Next I would like to tackle the ANZAC recipe. I'm hoping I can sub in GF all-purpose flour.

In other news, my first week of gluten-freedom was interrupted by a misunderstanding at a local pizza joint with gluten-free options. It's not all gluten-free! But now I'm back on the wagon and I guess I will have to be more diligent in checking menus.

No comments:

Post a Comment