Thursday, July 28, 2011

you can't get more green than this

very green

For real, right? I got this yarn a while back - luscious two-ply laceweight cashmere. Except I never knew what to make with it, because it was this hideous olive drab. Who makes cashmere in camouflage colors? I guess if my Army Reserves friend had ever been shipped out, and I was a nicer person, I could have given him a color-coordinated scarf - but that's not what cashmere was made for (sorry Droo!)

green on green

I finally got around to dyeing it. Green on green, like three times. And I got something useable, maybe, if you like green. Me, though, I always think I like it more than I actually do. This is pretty, but it's not my shade (that would be olive drab, and now we've come full circle - I couldn't bring myself to spend time on a cashmere scarf in such an ugly color.)

green on me

I didn't get a before picture, but trust me, it was not good. Kind of like this, but yarn:



I took another picture, just for fun.

not so green

It's on Etsy, right here.

1 comment:

  1. mmm... it's like sex, in yarn form.

    Except that it's green.

    And I prefer purple.

    ReplyDelete